Friday, June 18, 2010

Road sign: "Caution: Guitarists"

I have a strange fascination for oddball road signs, dating back at least as far as 1978, when my sister and I spotted a British road sign that consisted of nothing but a large exclamation mark and the dire words, "Warning: Road liable to subside."

Since then, I've photographed an iguana crossing sign in Montserrat, a surfer crossing sign in Easter Island, an Amish volunteer fireman sign in Pennsylvania and many others. I added the latest one to my collection today, my first day in Quebec's Iles de la Madeleine. ("Traverse" means "crossing" and a "Madelinot" is someone from the islands.)


This one was in a shop window, rather than on an actual road, so it is likely just a joke. But I liked the joke anyway.

I travelled to the Iles de la Madeleine courtesy of Tourisme Quebec.

No comments: