Saturday, March 13, 2010

My new sweet-tooth fix: Welsh cakes

I'm just back from Wales and will put up some longer posts about my trip soon, but in the meantime I had to share my latest pastry addiction with you: Welsh cakes.
Yummy-looking, yes?

They're a bit like flattened scones and they are maddeningly addictive. I came to crave one at every tea break during my conference.

In case you'd like to sample them yourself, here's a yummy-sounding recipe for Welsh cakes from JoyOfBaking.com.

But when you can't stop eating them, don't say I didn't warn you.

By the way, what fattening habits have you come back with after travelling? Let me know in the comments section.


Licensing information for photo:
This image has been (or is hereby) released into the public domain by its author, Moochocoogle at the wikipedia project. This applies worldwide.

Disclosure: My trip was partially subsidized by Visit Wales.

No comments: